The Lafayette (IN) Aviators (www.lafayettebaseball.com) are a summer collegiate baseball team in the Prospect League which provides collegiate players the opportunity to play competitively in a wood-bat league during the summer months in front of professional scouts, while also providing the local community with an affordable summer entertainment destination everyone can enjoy.
The Aviators play at Loeb Stadium which opened in 2021 featuring stadium suites, multiple premium seating options and a dominant video scoreboard.
The Aviators organization has developed a program that prepares its staff for a career in sports. We help our staff succeed in their career objectives by preparing for and learning from actual situations our staff encounters at the ballpark which are discussed and experienced daily.
This position is available for college-level students and recent college graduates. Here’s what we’re looking for in an ideal candidate:
· Ability to work approximately 20-30 hours per week.
· Must work all 30 home games and potential playoff games during the 2024 season.
· Strong knowledge of baseball
· Announcing pregame activities, starting lineups, all in-game action, public address announcements, presentations and other announcements that come up throughout each game.
· Provide an energetic atmosphere at our events through pregame and in-game action.
· Review and provide feedback on PA script with game operations personnel to ensure a high level of accuracy and execution.
· Ability to multi-task in a stressful environment
· Comfortable announcing to crowds of 1,000 people on a microphone
· Comfortable announcing complex names from a variety of ethnic backgrounds
· Ability to read a script and adapt on the fly if needed.
· Always maintain a professional image whether on or off the microphone.
· Additional duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
- How did you hear about this position?
To apply for this job please visit www.teamworkonline.com.