Miami Country Day School – Miami, FL
The game day announcer will provide play-by-play feedback for Miami Country Day Athletics programs.
- Ability to speak clearly and confidently.
- Arrive 30 mins prior to start of the shift.
- Ability to read prepared scripts.
- Communicates with athletics staff, home bookkeeper, officials, and opposing coaches.
- Knowledgeable of different sports and must know basic rules and regulations.
- Interprets officials calls and communicate back to the audience (fouls, timeouts, etc.).
- Ability to operate scoreboard for each sport.
- Ensures rosters are accurate prior to the start of each event.
- Presents starting lineups for both teams; first and last names, as well as players numbers.
- Memorizes names of and numbers of players.
- Ability to display professional demeanor.
- Ability to remain neutral and never incite emotions from fans in attendance.
- Multitasks by operating clock, maintaining accurate score, fouls, play designated music when there is no action and read scripted announcements at appropriate time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Works in a stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a divers array of contacts.
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- Excellent verbal skills.
- Works in varied and extreme conditions, including extreme heat.
- Broadcasting experience preferred
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.