Public Address Announcer ( Division II Hockey )
Want to be an integral part of Augustana hockey on game day? The Augustana athletics department is now accepting applications to be the public address announcer for the Viking hockey program. The Viking hockey public address announcer presents a distinctive voice and personality, helping to create an electrifying atmosphere at all Augustana hockey contests.
Those interested in being the in-arena public address announcer are asked to fill out the form and record a virtual audition by June 1, 2023.
PA Announcer Qualifications
- Strong verbal communication and public speaking skills required
- Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Knowledge and passion for Augustana hockey as well as familiarity of the Sioux Falls market and region
- Must know the rules of hockey
- Able to enunciate clearly, accurately and project to a large crowd
- Strong, distinct voice is required
- Create an unforgettable and entertaining experience for fans during all home games
- Work closely with event management, marking and fan experience staff to ensure proper execution of pregame and in-game entertainment elements
- Confidence in ad-libbing and reacting to crowd/constant energy
How to Audition
- Fill out the form with your information, then email an audio recording in mp3 format of the audition script – Application Form
- The virtual audition will including the following reads (full script)
- Game Welcome
- AU Starting Lineup
- Other in-game prompts
- Click here for full script (please stick to the script and the script only)
- No personal introductions or information are necessary in this audio recording
- Use your first and last name as your title of the recording (Example: firstname_lastname)
- Email audio recording to [email protected]
- Deadline for audition is June 1, 2023
- Round two selections will be made in Mid-June
For questions, email [email protected].
To apply for this job please visit goaugie.com.