Public Address Announcer ( Horse Racing )
Website lonestarpark Global Gaming LSP LLC
Lone Star Park
Contributes to the high energy and entertainment aspect of the track by presenting: music, news, Live Racing, commentary and interviews guest. The ideal candidate will be able to maintain our mission by creating a high level of guest satisfaction as an entertainment venue and be prepared to maintain this mission in many degrees of unexpected operational situations.
Essential Duties, and Responsibilities
- Present music, news, sports, the weather, the time, and commercials
- Interview guests and moderate panels or discussions on their shows
- Announce programming information, such as program schedules, live racing information, or public service information, events
- Research topics for comment and discussion during shows
- Read prepared scripts and communicate live events on radio or television shows
- Comment on important news stories
- Provide commentary for the audience during sporting events, at parades, and on other occasions
- Select and review program content
- Introduce upcoming acts and guide the audience through the entertainment
- Make promotional appearances at public or private events
- Assist racing department and marketing department in broadcast
- And other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Knowledge of on-site event planning and execution
- Ability to work effectively with peers, staff members, and regulatory agency personnel
- Excellent communication (written, oral, interpersonal) and organization skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM software
- Strong written, interpersonal and oral communication skills required
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment both independently and within a team
- Self-starter, reliable, responsible, dependable, adaptable and flexible
- Strong organizational skills
- Solid work ethic and desire to go above and beyond to get the job done
- Strong prospecting and innovative corporate sales skills
- Team player who is self-motivated with an internal drive to help grow the company and enhance the Lone Star Park brand
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and be efficient with time management
- Ability to provide excellent team member support and external customer service
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college/technical; or 2 years related experience and/or training; or combination.
- Close Vision/Distance Vision
- Lifting/Moving up to 10 lbs.
- Quiet/Moderate Noise
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.