The St. Louis CITY SC English language radio broadcast play-by-play announcer will serve as the voice of St. Louis CITY for all 2023 St. Louis CITY SC home and away matches broadcast through our radio broadcast partner, Audacy STL on KYKY-FM. Radio broadcast is one of the most accessible and dynamic ways that the Club will engage with fans – beloved radio broadcasters become as part of the team experience as the players on the pitch.
STL CITY wants to find and develop a radio broadcast program that seeks to connect with fans, educate the market on MLS and the St. Louis CITY style of play, and become a voice of STL CITY that helps bring the community together through the power of soccer. The play-by-play announcer has the unique role of translating the visual play on the field, the strategy of the benches, and the mentality and skill of the players into words and emotion for fans listening on the radio or streaming video to enhance the fan experience and connection to the team.
This position will report to the Director of Public Engagement, in partnership with the Director of Brand Strategy for public appearances and marketing opportunities. In addition to STL CITY matches, the radio broadcast play-by-play announcer will participate in live pregame and postgame shows, additional media segments and content creation across all Club and radio partner platforms and will have the opportunity to participate in select community and special events.
ABOUT ST. LOUIS CITY SC:
Major League Soccer’s (MLS) first majority female-owned and female-lead organization will play its inaugural MLS season in 2023. The 100 percent St. Louis based owners are committed to becoming an exceptional club and neighbor and a symbol for the future of our city and region.
St. Louis CITY SC will play in a brand new, state of the art soccer stadium to be built on approximately 35 acres in downtown St. Louis, Missouri. Seating capacity of the open-air stadium will be 22,500. Included with the build of the stadium will be the team Administrative Offices and Training Facility immediately adjacent to the stadium in Downtown West St. Louis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serving as the play-by-play broadcast announcer on KYKY-FM for all 34 home and away matches, as well as any CITY-participating international or national cup games. Travel required.
- Participating in live pregame and postgame shows on KYKY-FM.
- Conduct interviews with players, coaches, and team management.
- Make regular guest appearances on KYKY-FM and KMOX-AM, along with various Audacy STL stations.
- Develop a personal social media platform around the role.
- Participating in content creation across platforms for STL CITY and Audacy STL stations, including social media, radio broadcast, podcasts, and streaming video.
- Being available for select public speaking opportunities, including emcee, speeches, panels, and radio talk shows.
- If interested, serving as voice of STL CITY for select community and special events.
- Work closely with Public Relations and Brand Strategy to develop messaging about the team and club and help educate the St. Louis market on MLS, soccer, and St. Louis CITY SC.
- Previous radio play-by-play experience, soccer preferred.
- Familiarity and passion for St. Louis sports and MLS
- Ability to connect strongly with an audience and build a following
- Must have the ability to work daytime, evenings, and weekends, and travel, as schedule requires
- Ability to serve as team ambassador and represent team at various functions
- Familiar with all FCC requirements
- Ability to operate a board, set up broadcast equipment, and broadcast remotely
- High School or Bachelor’s Degree
- Other duties/responsibilities on an as-needed basis (special events, international friendlies, exhibition matches, etc.)
St. Louis CITY SC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, creed, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.