Alpha Media is a diverse multimedia company sharing your favorite music, sports and news across a variety of platforms. Whether it’s on your phone, desktop, tablet, Alexa, Google Home or in your car, our stations will enhance your journey. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media owns or operates over 200 live broadcast radio stations and digital properties covering all formats serving 44 markets across the United States. In addition to our over-the-air broadcasts, Alpha audio products can be heard across multiple platforms, including all major smart devices. Strong relationships with our listeners and clients in the communities where we live and work keep Alpha Media true to its local-first heritage.
Learn more about Alpha Media: www.alphamediausa.com
Responsibilities of this position may include:
- Engage with listeners via phone calls, contests, and social media.
- Broadcast live from remote locations and events.
- Operate control console.
- Conduct on-air interviews.
- Maintain traffic logs and transmitter readings.
- Work with Promotions and Sales departments on creative content.
- Play-by-play of area local sports teams
- Host a live weekly one-hour Sports talk show
Requirements of this position include the following:
- A minimum of one year on-air experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Proficient in use of audio editing software and broadcast equipment.
- Must be a team player and work well with management and staff at all levels.
- Ability to successfully execute station events and remotes.
- Able to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction.
- Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting.
- Excellent problem solving and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Skilled in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment.
- Be a positive member of a tight-knit team.
- Must be creative and innovative with a strong work ethic.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and fully insured personal vehicle.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Prior broadcast industry experience.
We’d love to hear a sample of your work! If you would like to send a demo, include the link to your website in your cover letter. If you do not have a website, upload your demo in YouTube and provide the link.
Alpha Media invests in people who invest in themselves and offers employees a competitive package of health and welfare benefits.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for full time and part time employees as well as all household members at no cost.
- 401(k) with discretionary employer matching.
- Holiday Worked Pay
- Alpha Cares – paid volunteer hours.
- Pet adoption subsidy.
Alpha values Integrity, a Can Do Attitude, Passion, Competitiveness, Creativity and embraces that work can be FUN. If these qualities are important to you and you feel you check off the qualities we are looking for, apply now and let’s talk.
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. Click Here to learn more about E-Verify.
To apply for this job please visit www.alphamediausa.com.