The Coachella Valley Firebirds are seeking a Public Address Announcer. The Public Address Announcer will serve as the in-arena voice for all 2022-2023 Firebirds’ home games.
The Firebirds will host thirty-four (34) regular season, and any additional playoff games at Acrisure Arena in Palm Desert, California. The Public Address Announcer may also serve as host/emcee for various community and special events as needed.
**Applications must include a resume with references and a performance reel no longer than three (3) minutes in length. An audio reel is required with application submission. If you are not able to include the video reel into your application submission, please send your application and video reel to [email protected]
Tasks, Responsibilities, and Qualifications:
- Responsible for announcing all in-arena reads including partner promotions, player introductions, and in-game hockey details as needed.
- The PA Announcer must abide by all AHL Rules and Procedures, following the requests of Firebirds’ staff and partners. Position will attend all meetings related to Game Presentation at the request of the Director, Game Presentation.
- Communicate game & event information to Game Director
- Assist with operational support and/or talent roles across various production mediums, including Radio, Web, social media, etc. as directed by Management
- Present themselves in a professional manner while in public. This includes all social media networks. Candidate must refrain from putting themselves or the Coachella Valley Firebirds and Oak View Group in any negative light while conducting any interviews or social media posts.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- Professional Speaking Background
(radio announcing, voice over talent, or other public hosting experience
- Must have strong knowledge of hockey
- Great communication and listening skills
- Ability to adapt and adjust to quickly changing game situations
- Receives and implements feedback into performance
- Flexible schedule to allow commitment to all Coachella Valley Firebirds’ home games necessary during the 2022-2023 season, including weekends, evenings, and holidays to meet game and/or event needs
- Additional duties and expectations may be added or adjusted as needed to meet league and organizational needs.
- Minimum 2-3 years of related work experience
- Announcing experience in the Hockey/Sports/Entertainment industry preferred
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.