The Quincy Gems are a founding member of the Prospect League, a collegiate summer league baseball team located in Quincy, IL. The Gems will play their 26th season at historic QU Stadium in 2022. We are looking for the next industry superstars to join us for the Summer 2022 season.
What to expect:
- High-quality training and supervision from an energized and experienced full-time staff
- Career guidance and coaching from upper-management
- Freedom to be creative and develop as a professional in the sports industry
- Experience in stadium operations, management, customer service, sales, and much more
- Desire to learn and grow
- Willingness to be challenged and step outside of your comfort zone
- Energy and enthusiasm when engaging with our fans
- Punctuality and dependability
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative
- PA voice of the Quincy Gems at all home games and events
- Reading clearly and enthusiastically from a pre-game and in-game script produced by the Assistant General Manager before each game
- Working towards producing your own script by the end of the season
- Assisting with sponsorship activation and fulfillment
- Other tasks, as assigned
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience performing/announcing in front of a crowd strongly preferred
- Outgoing, confident personality strongly preferred
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs.
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions (rain, high temperatures/heat, etc.).
- Must be able to perform work requiring extended periods of walking and standing
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
Applicants should pursue college credit from their academic institution. While this is an unpaid internship, opportunities may arise during the course of the program to earn money for additional (voluntary) tasks outside of this job description.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Are you able to earn college credit for this internship?
- Are you able to provide your own housing and transportation?
- Do you meet the required/desired skills outlined in the job description?
To apply for this job please visit www.teamworkonline.com.